The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons who enter Floriade.
Restricted and Prohibited Items
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into the Floriade site:
- flares, fireworks, knives, weapons or any device that has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance;
- any prohibited substance;
- bicycles, tricycles (including hand propelled tricycles), roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, foot propelled scooters or segways; and
- all animals, except registered guiding, hearing or companion animals
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of patrons, Management reserves the right to:
- refuse entry at their discretion;
- refuse entry to, or evict any person deemed to be intoxicated or affected by a prohibited substance;
- refuse entry to, or evict any unauthorised person; and
- refuse entry to any person who attempts to bring any restricted or prohibited item into the Floriade site.
Patrons entering the Floriade site are advised:
- Floriade is a licensed event;
- it is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- it is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor to minors; and
- persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under the ACT Liquor Act 2010.
- Entry to Floriade is free, but patrons may incur a charge for some activities and purchases within the Floriade site.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and search bags brought into or out of the Floriade site.
- Bicycles and tricycles may be parked at the bicycle racks provided. Roller blades, roller skates, skateboards and hand propelled tricycles may be stored inside the entry booths by Floriade staff.
- Patrons bringing personal items to Floriade do so at their own risk. Australian Capital Territory will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of personal property, whether brought into the Floriade site or deposited at storage facilities outside.
- Patrons are admitted at their own risk. The Australian Capital Territory will not be held responsible for the death or injury of any patron during their attendance at Floriade.
- Patrons agree to indemnify the Australian Capital Territory against liability in respect of all claims, costs and expenses and for all loss, damage, injury or death to persons or property caused by the patron in connection with their attendance at Floriade, except to the extent that the Australian Capital Territory caused the relevant loss, damage or injury.
- The Floriade site must not be used for any political or other demonstration.
- Signs and banners are not permitted inside Floriade and must not be displayed on any fence surrounding the Floriade site.
- Unless approved by Management, the sale of goods or services, or the conduct of charitable collections, raffles and fundraisers is not permitted.
- Unless approved by Management, the distribution of brochures, flyers, pamphlets or vouchers of any kind is not permitted.
- Unless approved by the Management, buskers or other performers are not permitted to perform at Floriade.
- Patrons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by Management.
- Patrons entering Floriade may be photographed, filmed and/or taped and it is deemed that a person, by entering Floriade, consents to the ACT Government or third parties appointed by the ACT Government photographing, filming or taping. The ACT Government or third parties appointed by the ACT Government can broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, film, recordings or images without compensation. The ACT Government, third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to the subject for its use in any way.
Smoke Free Floriade
- Floriade has many places where smoking is not allowed. Smoking is prohibited by law in our marquees and dining areas. As part of Floriade’s move to become a smoke-free event, we kindly ask that you respect other patrons and not smoke in sign posted areas or areas frequented by children.