Events ACT is offering photography enthusiasts an exclusive opportunity to take early morning photos at Floriade, before the onset of crowds. Participants will have the option to enter the park solo and take photos of their own accord, or take part in a scheduled workshop conducted by Australian Institute of Professional Photography accredited photographers and experienced photographic lecturers, Geoff Comfort and Ben Kopilow. All course materials will be provided for workshop participants, who will also receive a critique and debrief at the conclusion of each session.
Participants are asked to meet at the designated meeting site, within Floriade, where they will be welcomed by Events ACT staff members and workshop facilitators. All photographers are requested to sign into the site, prior to commencing a workshop or solo photography session.
Available Dates & Times
Saturday morning 6:30AM – 9:00AM:
24th September & 1st October 2016
Sunday morning 6:30AM – 9:00AM:
18th & 25th September 2016
2nd, 9th & 16th October 2016
- A camera and camera manual (Digital SLR highly recommended, however not essential)
- A clear memory card to ensure the privacy of participants during critique
- A fully charged battery (spare battery encouraged)
- A sturdy tripod
- Warm clothing and a wet weather jacket (workshops will go ahead in rain)
- A plastic sheet or picnic blanket if you want to get right down for that worms eye view!
How to Book
Please download and complete the Floriade Photography Workshop Application (PDF)
The photography workshops are limited and bookings are essential.
Applications can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on Friday 19 August 2016.
For further information regarding these workshops please contact Rebecca Gaukroger on 6207 7555 or email@example.com